Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I am an Adulteress

Shocking?  Not really.  I have NOT been unfaithful to my husband but I have been unfaithful to God.

I have never been an adulteress or been called one but that is what the following scripture says that I am.

James 4:4 (NKJV) says "Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God?  Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God."

So, I was reading once again in the book, "No Other Gods" for Tuesday Morning Bible Study and then I got to Week 4 - Day 1 and this passage of scripture hit me like a ton of bricks.

What, me an adulteress?  Never!!!!!  Then as I read further I realized that what the scripture is saying is so true.  Once we give our lives to God and we are the bride of Christ and we place people or things before God that we are adulterers or adulteress' because we are being unfaithful to God.

Now I need to take some time and really let this soak in......more thoughts to come later!  Are you an adulterer or adulteress?  I know that I have been but I am working on not putting other people or other things before God.....one day and one hour at a time.  I do not want to be unfaithful to my God who loves me so much!  He has really been getting my attention, what about you?

1 comment:

  1. That caught my attention. I didn't think of it that way but that puts it in english. Working on getting the "stuff" out of the way, those things and people that take the place of God.

    ReplyDelete